SWEET POTATO & CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER GRATIN
Originally Posted on
Liven up your winter warmer with this twist on sweet potato gratin. Simple to make and packed with flavour, this is a recipe that is sure to give you a boost.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 1.5 kg), washed and scrubbed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped and leaves separated
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 300g crème fraîche
- 3 heaped tbsps Whole Earth Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Salt and pepper
- Neutral oil, for greasing
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas Mark 7.
- Use a mandolin or a really sharp knife and excellent knife skills to slice the sweet potato into 1/2 cm rounds.
- Mix the sweet potato in a large bowl with the coriander stalks, red chillies and season well with salt & pepper.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves and set half aside for later.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the reserved coriander with the crème fraîche and peanut butter.
- Stir the crème fraîche mixture through the sweet potatoes until evenly combined.
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm gratin dish or deep roasting tray with oil and arrange the slices of sweet potato in neat rows to fill the tray.
- Cover the tray tightly with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After this time, discard the foil and return the gratin to the oven for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are completely soft and beginning to char at the edges.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before sprinkling over the remaining coriander.
1 large bowl
1 chopping board
1 small mixing bowl
1 wooden spoon
1 gratin dish
This recipe was originally posted on the Whole Earth Foods website: https://www.wholeearthfoods.com/recipes/recipe/sweet-potato-crunchy-peanut-butter-gratin/