SIMPLE SUPER SALMON FISHCAKES
Originally Posted on
- Two boneless Salmon Fillets
- 1 Tbsp of Red Thai Chilli Paste
- 1 Tsp of Soy Sauce
- Thumb size piece of fresh ginger
- Small handful of fresh coriander
These fishcakes are extremely easy to make and will make two decent size cakes.
Roughly chop all the above ingredients and place in a food blender. Pulse until all minced together.
Split the mixture in half and mould each half into a burger/fish cake shape.
Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and a fry each fishcake for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
How you serve them is up to you!
- Put inside a fresh wholemeal bread roll and serve with a salad for the ultimate healthy salmon burger.
- Serve with a side of couscous containing onions, peppers and tomatoes softened in a spoonful of the Thai curry paste. And a nice green salad.
Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to each burger to give them a zesty lift!
INSIDE THE INGREDIENTS
Salmon: A fantastic source of protein but also because it’s an oily fish it contains Omega-3 fatty acids which are an essential fat that can’t be produced in the body. You can find out more about omega 3 by clicking here. Salmon is also rich in vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B12 & Selenium. Salmon is also a a great source of Vitamin D which is essential for calcium absorption and general growth and development.
Ginger: Arguably one of the healthiest spices in the world, ginger packs a big health punch. Ginger is linked to many health benefits but most notably it is said to help digestion, reduce inflammation & reduce cholesterol.
Originally posted on the OTE Sports website: https://www.otesports.co.uk/blog/simple-super-salmon-fishcakes/