PEANUT & COCONUT CURRY
Originally Posted on
Save money and make an epic curry at home rather than getting a take away. This fragrant and spicy peanut curry is a brilliant place to start.
- Neutral oil, for sauteeing
- 3 banana shallots, finely diced
- 3 tbsps red curry paste
- 2 tbsps Whole Earth Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 250g firm tofu, sliced into 1cm pieces and dried on kitchen paper
- 200g spinach or baby kale, washed
- 1 red or green chilli, finely sliced (or a mixture of the two)
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 2 limes, halved
- Rice or flatbreads
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the shallots and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until the shallots are completely soft and translucent.
- Add the curry paste and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk, mango chutney, 200ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook the tofu for 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Stir the tofu and spinach through the sauce until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon the curry into bowls and top with chilli, coriander leaves and lime to squeeze over.
- Serve hot with rice or flatbreads.
Originally posted on the Whole Earth Foods website: https://www.wholeearthfoods.com/recipes/recipe/peanut-coconut-curry/