PEANUT BUTTER BANH MI
Originally Posted on
Improve your lunches in the week and try a new way to incorporate nut butter into the every day.
- ½ sourdough baguette
- 2 level tbsps Whole Earth Peanut Butter With Sunflower, Pumpkin & Flax Seeds
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips or grated
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cut into julienne strips or grated
- ¼ daikon radish (or red radish), cut into julienne strips or grated
- 1½ tsps fish sauce/soy sauce
- 1½ tsps lime juice
- 2 tsps rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cucumber, sliced into long strips
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of fresh mint
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pop the grated carrot and radish into a bowl, and drizzle with the rice vinegar and olive oil. Give it a quick mix and leave for 30 mins to pickle.
- Spoon the peanut butter into a separate small bowl, adding the fish sauce/soy sauce and lime juice. Mash it all together with the back of a spoon.
- Slice your baguette lengthways and spread the peanutty mixture all over one half.
- Add your pickled veggies on top along with the grated apple, cucumber slices and red chilli, plus fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Crown your creation with the top half of the baguette, slice into two and enjoy!
Originally posted on the Whole Earth Foods website: https://www.wholeearthfoods.com/recipes/recipe/whole-earth-peanut-butter-banh-mi/